EV Car Charging
When it comes to the installation of home EV Car Charging Units, UK Eco Energy Solutions Ltd. provides a service that is second to none. Contact us today call 01522 700281 for a free quote or survey.
ZAPPI & Rolec
What is the OLEV EVHS Grant?This is a government grant for electric cars provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
The OLEV Grant also known as Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) provides 75% off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point upto a maximum of £500.
Available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars.
You can claim one charging point per eligible vehicle and up to two charging points per household.
In the context of home charging, the “OLEV Grant” refers to a government grant for electric car home chargers, provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
• The OLEV Grant, specifically named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides up to £500 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point.
• It’s available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars.
• You can claim one chargepoint per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
• An additional grant of up to £300 is available to Scottish EV drivers via the Energy Savings Trust Scotland.
How do I qualify for the OLEV Grant?
To qualify for OLEV’s EVHS grant, you need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st October 2016 onwards.
• You must have off-street parking.
• You must install an OLEV-approved chargepoint.
• The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle.
• You must use an OLEV-approved chargepoint installer like UK Eco Energy Solutions Ltd.
Which vehicles are eligible for the OLEV Grant?
Not all plug-in vehicles are eligible for the OLEV EVHS grant. All full battery electric vehicles are eligible, but plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 75g/km. OLEV maintains a list of those vehicles which are eligible in useful links..