We Install 2 Products
When it comes to the installation of solar panels, UK Eco Energy Solutions Ltd. provides a service that is second to none. Contact us today call 01522 700281 for a free quote or survey.
LG & Q Cells (SEG)
Solar panel electricity systems, also known as solar photovoltaics (PV), capture the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells. These cells don’t need direct sunlight to work and they can still generate electricity on a cloudy day, which can be used to run household appliances. PV cells are made from layers of semi-conducting material, usually silicon. When light shines on the cell, it creates an electric field across the layers. The stronger the sunshine, the more electricity is produced. The power of a PV cell is measured in kilowatts peak (kWp). That’s the rate at which it generates energy at peak performance in full direct sunlight during the summer. PV cells come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Most of them are made up of panels that fit on top of an existing roof, but you can also fit solar tiles.
Solar PV needs little maintenance and you’ll just need to keep the panels clean and ensure trees don’t overshadow them. In the UK, panels that are tilted at 15° or more have the additional benefit of being cleaned by rainfall to ensure optimal performance. Debris is more likely to accumulate if you have ground-mounted panels. Once fitted, your installer should provide written details of the regular maintenance checks that you should carry out to ensure everything is working properly. This should include details of the main inverter fault signals and key troubleshooting guidance. Ideally, your installer should demonstrate this to you at the point of handover. Keeping a close eye on your system and the amount of electricity it’s generating (alongside the weather conditions) will familiarize you with what to expect and alert you to when something might be wrong. The panels should last 25 years or more. Our Q Cells engineered in Germany panels come with a 25-year linear performance guarantee. Call us for more details.
The benefits of Solar Electricity
• Reduces your electricity bills: Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation, your electricity costs will be reduced
• Sell electricity back to the grid: If your system is producing more electricity than you need, you can sell the surplus back to the grid through the SEG Scheme
• Cut your carbon footprint: Solar electricity is green renewable energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants. A typical home solar PV system could save nearly two tonnes of carbon per year
• You will be generating up to half of a building’s annual electrical needs from renewable energy
• Reducing dependency on commercial electricity providers by generating your own electricity
• Reducing energy bills and minimising the impact of rising energy costs
• Adding value to the property and adding to your green credentials
Every year the sun provides 8,000 times more energy than we consume worldwide. Even in the relatively cold, damp and cloudy UK, we receive between 900 and 1,200kWh of energy per square metre of land area, which is effective for the generation of electricity through PV panels.
For the installation of any Eco Energy Systems, contact us today.
- Little or no maintenance-PV systems are noiseless and have no moving parts
- Easily meeting planning requirements for minimum contribution from renewable energy
- Providing a carbon reduction solution for properties under the codes for sustainable homes and other building standards
For Solar Panel Installations across Lincoln and East Midlands, call UK Eco Energy Solutions Ltd. on 01522 700 281